Thursday 26 February 2009

Assorted Loveliness

Today I have torn myself away from another frenzy of felt-button-making (I'm so glad everyone likes those!) to mention some some of the lush things to be found in my sponsors' shops...

New sponsor WildCat Designs uses a vintage mechanical knitting machine to make scarves and other accessories that are perfect for chilly spring days. If you've not seen her shop before, definitely check out the deliciously retro Space Invaders scarves and all her stripey knits. One of my favourites is this black and fuschia skinny scarf - felted after knitting to make it extra cosy:
Another new sponsor this month is the super talented RedRubyRose who not only makes incredible luxurious clutches but designs many of her own fabrics as well! Button lover that I am, I am smitten by this design in particular... mmm, lovely buttons...A fellow button lover, Nonsuch, also makes charming purses in linens and nautical cottons. This embroidered beauty is inspired by seedheads:Another of my sponsors inspired by nature is LauraFallulah who "dreams of living by the sea in a large house with a small vegetable patch." Wear one of her huge rose brooches pinned to your coat and even the chilliest spring day will seem cheerful!I am definitely feeling the song of spring in my heart at the moment, which may be why I've fallen quite in love with Bombus' most recent decoupaged platter made for the Country Living fair.How evocative is that? You can find a whole range of decoupaged plates and dishes here, and even commission your own custom piece.

Somehow capturing a rainy English springtime despite living in Oregon, OuOu has added a small set of Black umbrellas to her card range -
- that big black umbrella! and those cute little birds! the perils and sweetness of spring all rolled into one!

Whatever the season, tea-themed things will forever steal my heart so it's no surprise that I have added the fantastic new prints from MrPS to my shopping wishlist this month. My favourite? This snazzy gingham number:
Finally, over at Summersville you can banish any remaining winter blues by treating yourself to any of a delightful array of sketchbooks and notebooks. Each book is covered in original screenprinted fabric including new fabric designs Twist and the very appropriate Alphabetty.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so totally in love with the summersville sketch books...but trying to decide which one to get is a very big problem!! x

Emma Herian said...

What a lovely lot of gorgeousnous you have put together today, I am going to have a peek again and click through all those links!
Cheers
Emx

Rhiannon said...

Yay! You used the word 'lush'! Its like a little piece of home on the innerwebs :D

xxx

Unknown said...

oh i love those books ... i have too many 'pretty' note books ... filled with not a lot of notes ... must stop buying and start 'noting'

Behind ouou said...

Thank you for bringing me into your circle of Loveliness & giving Black Umbrellas a pat on the head! Springtime is just the best! I especially like Summerville's work and all those bright patterns.