Friday 18 January 2013

Paper Work

Lots of my tasks this week have involved paper.

I've been drawing, making pattern pieces, writing notes, processing orders, ticking things off to do lists... and sorting receipts & printing out lots of spreadsheets for my accounts ready for filing my tax return (yawn).


I've also been doing some cutting and sticking, which is always fun (and rather relaxing, too).

Whenever I design something new I do a lot of brainstorming and doodling of random ideas until I settle on one that I want to develop, so I've built up quite a stash of doodled-on scraps of paper over the years. Looking through them can be great for sparking new ideas, and often a drawing that wasn't quite right for one project becomes the seed for something completely different months or even years later.

But my stash of scribbled-on paper scraps was starting to get out of hand, so I thought I'd tidy up a bit by cutting out all the "useful" doodles and sticking them in a blank notebook. So eventually (when I've finished all this cutting and sticking) I'll have a sort of ideas scrapbook that I can  flick through next time I need a bit of crafty inspiration.
 

3 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

I have an ideas and inspiration book that I doodle in too. I also chop up old magazines and stick in inspiring images and colour combinations. I'm on my 6th book now and it's great to flick back through as it sparks ideas :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Oh yes, I keep scrapbooks of inspiring colours and images too... love 'em! :) You can see some pics of them here if you like: http://bugsandfishes.blogspot.com/2011/06/pretty-paperwork.html &
http://bugsandfishes.blogspot.com/2009/03/scrapbooks.html

Unknown said...

That's a great idea. I have things all over the place - having them all in one book makes sense!!!