Wednesday 24 December 2014

Happy Christmas!

After a busy few weeks I'm really looking forward to a nice quiet Christmas. Here are a few snaps I took this week of some of the festive loveliness in London...

Prettiness at Paperchase:

 

Cool decorations in Carnaby Street:


Gorgeous windows at Liberty:

 

I got an early Christmas gift this year as I spotted copies of my first book on sale in Liberty's haberdashery department! It's always thrilling to spot my books "in the wild" but a stack of copies for sale in my favourite shop in the whole world...? SO AWESOME.


I'm taking a short break from blogging while I'm busy doing family Christmas things, but I'll be back next week. My shops are also closed for a bit and will re-open on January 5th xxx

P.S. My favourite Christmas windows this year = the ones at Harrods. The big windows are spectacular (you'll find lots of photos of these online, there are some nice ones here) but these small windows were just magical - charming little "dolls house" style sets, showing mice living it up at Christmas. So, so adorable!

9 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

Buon Natale e Felice 2015!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

Ariadne said...

Have a great holiday!AriadnefromGreece!

Kathi said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Laura! Hope it is warm and relaxing... :) So happy for you that your book is in Liberty! A wonderful Christmas gift, for sure! Thanks for another fantastic year of fabulous blogging and creative wonders from you- wishing you a bountiful 2015! Christmas hogs and quiches to you!!

Filonico said...

Merry Christmas from Abruzzo greenest region of Italy. happiness

Lily said...

Have a special time, Laura :)

Thank you for all you do & share.

bairozan said...

Happy Christmas, Laura and a very joyful and prosperous New 2015!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks everyone! I hope you guys had a lovely few days xxx

Cream Linen said...

Thank you for sharing these lovely photos of the shops and streets in London with us.
Also, congratulations and good luck to your book.
Have a creative and happy New Year!
Tina

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks Tina - glad you enjoyed the photos! :)